Senior Jeopardy 2020
- The first revelation of the Quran was in the year 609 CE.
- During the time of Caliph Abu Bakr, when 70 people who knew the Quran by heart (qari), were killed in battle, Umar ibn al-Khattab became concerned and appealed to Abu Bakr in order to compile the Quran into a book.
- Abu Bakr formed a delegation under the leadership of Zaid ibn Thabit, one of the leading scribes.
- The Quran had been gathered together during the time of Abu Bakr and was in the safekeeping of Umar Ibn Al Khattab’s daughter, and Prophet Muhammad’s wife, Hafsah.
- Uthman also established special schools for the correct recitation and writing of the Quran. During the caliphate of Ali, saw the introduction of diacritical marks. During the time of Umayyad Caliph Abd al-Malik, vowel marks were also added.
- Quran has some other names too, which are: Al-Huda (The Guidance), Al-Dhikr (The Reminder), Al-Furqan (The Criterion-for judging right from wrong), Al-Shifa (The Healing), Al-Mau`iza (The Admonition), Al-Rahmah (The Mercy), Al-Nur (The Light), Al-Haqq (The Truth), and Al-Burhaan (The Clear Argument).
- The revelation of Quran took place over the period of 23 years.
- The number of Surahs revealed in Makkah is 86, while 28 Surahs were revealed in Madinah.
- 25 Prophets are mentioned in the Quran.
- Three mosques are mentioned in the Quran: Masjid-ul-Haram (Makkah), Masjid-ul-Aqsa (Jerusalem), Masjid Qubaa (near Madinah).
- Number of times following prophets mentioned in Quran: Prophet Muhammad (SA) - 5, Prophet Isa (AS) - 29 times, Prophet Musa - 136 times, Prophet Ibrahim - 69 times, Prophet Nuh - 43
- Surah Yaseen is called the HEART of the Qur'an.
Question and Answers:
Q: Which surah in the Quran narrates complete story of a Prophet’s life?
A: Surah Yousuf
Q: Who took the responsibility of keeping the Quran safe?
A: Allah (swt) himself.
Q: How many Aayaath (verses) are there in the Qur'an?
Q: How many times is the word 'Allah' repeated in the Qur'an?
Q: The name of which companion of Prophet Muhammed (SAW) has been mentioned in the Quran?
A: Hazrat Zaid Bin Harith (Radhiallahu Anhu) (Surah – Al-Ahzab) Surah # 33, Ayat # 37.
Q: Which agreement has been termed ‘Fath-hum-Mubeen' in Quran without figting a battle?
A: Treaty of Hudaibiya
Q: Which is the longest Surah (Chapter) in the Qur'an?
A: Surah-al-Baqarah – Surah # 2.
Q: Which is the smallest Surah in the Qur'an?
A: Surah-al-Kausar – Surah # 108.
Q: How many different names of Allah are mentioned in the Qur'an?
Q: How many surahs are in the Quran?
Q: In which Surah Bismillah is repeated twice?
A: Sura Naml
Q: The longest verse of Quran is in which Sura?
A: Al-Baqarah – Ayah No. 282 - known as Ayatud-Dayn
Q: In which Sura the law of inheritance is mentioned?
A: Sura Nisa
Q: In which Sura the name of Allah is repeated in every verse?
A: Sura Mujadila
Q: Which Prophet has been mentioned in the Quran by his mother’s name?
A: Prophet Isa (AS) as Ibn-Maryam.
Q: Which surah does not begin with Bismillah Al-Rahman Al-Raheem?
A: Surah Tawbah